Find out more about what your child will learn at our school.
Our school community overwhelmingly supports regular homework for all students from Year 1. In Kindergarten the only homework is daily home reading. In addition to daily home reading, for Years 1, 2 and 3, homework sheets are issued on Monday with each student's spelling words. In Years 5 and 6 homework is issued on Mondays and is due on Fridays to allow students with busy after school schedules to manage their time. The students learn their spelling and complete a maths mentals worksheet. Students in Stage 3 are given a term project to complete as part of homework which connects to one of the Key Learning Areas.
The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) is responsible for the curriculum, Kindergarten to Year 12, for all NSW schools.
For the primary years, NESA develops syllabuses for all subjects in 6 key learning areas:
- creative arts
- human society and its environment (HSIE)
- personal development, health and physical education (PDHPE)
- science and technology.
Some primary schools may also offer languages.
Like all NSW schools, we have developed teaching and learning programs to suit our local context and the needs of our students.
To learn more about curriculum in NSW, visit:
- NSW Department of Education – key learning areas
- NESA’s Parent Guide – Schooling in NSW which provides information about learning stages, key learning areas and syllabuses
- NSW Department of Education policy – Curriculum planning and programming, assessing and reporting to parents K–12.
Stages of learning
There are 6 stages of learning from Kindergarten to Year 12. Primary school covers Early Stage 1, or Kindergarten, to the end of Stage 3.
- Stage 1 includes Kindergarten to Year 2 (Kindergarten is referred to as Early Stage 1).
- Stage 2 includes Years 3 and 4.
- Stage 3 includes Years 5 and 6.